freaks and geeks

i spent last sunday with my book club at the Brooklyn Book Fest.



we're nerds, oh yes, but we loved every second of it.

(Kelley and Lisa waiting for a panel to start)

the event was free and it included panel discussions from literary stars and emerging authors. there were also a million different tents selling books from big and small publishing houses. (and maybe we found and patronized the tent selling baked goods.)

my favorite part of the nerd fest was a panel called "Obsessive Fun."



Ethan Gilsdorf spoke on this panel and he rocked so i bought his book, Fantasy Freaks and Gaming Geeks. (it's worked related!)


of course we had to snap a pic with him too. :)

the day rocked. i was surrounded by books and fun people. it was sunny but also breezy. i ate an oatmeal chocolate chip cookie. i wore a pair of skinny jeans that are actually very comfortable. so perfect day!

3 comments:

Kelley, Sailing Chance said...

It totally escaped me that you were in JEANS - and skinny at that! So proud :)

Jenni said...

That truly does sound like a perfect day. I adore reading and a book club sounds like so much fun. So glad you had fun at the nerd fest - can I join next time? ;)

Courtney said...

That does sounds like a perfect day. Oh how I love books!

I'm in a book club too (with a friend of mine, my mom and two of her friends). 99% of the time the converstation veers off of the subject of the book after about 20 minutes, but it is still so much fun to get together!