recession shopping spree

Happy Valentine's eve everyone! If you're single this year, I suggest you do what I did when I first moved to NYC and try your best to fill that aching hole in your heart with lots of material possessions!

To help you out, here's a list of crap that I would like to buy if i didn't live in a city that considers anyone making less than 90K/year to be part of the "working poor".

The Big-Ass Book of Crafts by Mark Montano $13.57 at Amazon

Crafts are kind of delicate and sweet and quiet and, well, I'm not. But my mom was very crafty and she had a rose with a skull in the middle tattooed on her upper thigh so maybe I do have a bad-ass Martha Stewart inside me and I just don't know it. I need this book so I can find out.

Marc by Marc Jacobs Posh Turnlock Flat Shopper in mouse $398 at Bloomies


I love the color "mouse" and taupe and anything boring and grey and disgusting and boring because it's so fun to take something common and dull and just rock it, don't you think?

Holga Red Starter Kit $75 at Lomographic Society

I bought this for my brother for Christmas and as he was opening it I said, "I bought this for you because I really wanted it". Is that weird to say to someone? Anyway, if you're not familiar, Holgas are basically cheap toy cameras. They have a plastic lens that leaks light and distorts color. The pictures turn out a little psychedelic and I love them.

Silence and Noise Zip Back Tank $58.00 at Urban Outfitters

I'm pretty sure that if I owned this shirt I would wear it every day with black leggings and Amy's vintage brown Frye boots. It's a really safe assumption because I already wear black leggings and Amy's Frye boots everyday anyway.

If you can't afford to replace love with clothes and other random crap, you can do this: Shop online and drop a bunch of stuff in your "cart" and then close out of the browser before actually buying anything. I've tried it and it's actually not satisfying at all.

OR you can go see Confessions of a Shopaholic because it opens today and because Isla Fisher is maybe the cutest person alive.

Hearts!

No comments: