i was in chicago last week and it was totally amazing because i got to see some good friends, go to the billy joel and elton john at wrigley field, eat my favorite bar food, wear a slap bracelet, and also because i got to shop at the BIG forever 21 (um, forever 35) in water tower. life is good!
i flew home on saturday night, unpacked my bag sunday, re-packed my bag on monday and today i am flying to san francisco. AND BOY ARE MY ARMS TIRED.
you know what the crazy thing is though? i'm in the air right now. i kid you not...i am in flight at 30,000 feet as i type these very words.
i always get really excited whenever i'm on a flight with WiFi. it's new and fun now, but i suppose some day very soon we'll have Internet on all flights AND cell phone service and then how will a little video game sales girl like myself avoid work?
here are the pros of in-flight Internet:
1. i get to check my blogs (mama loves her stories)
2. i get to email everyone i know and say "i'm online and on a plane at the same time!!!!" and let's be honest, that's exciting for everyone.
3. forget about the in-flight movie...i'm going to stream me some Netflix!
here are the cons of in-flight Internet:
1. there are no power outlets. i paid $12.95 (OK my company paid $12.95) to use Internet for the duration of this flight and my battery is dying and there's not much i can do about it except give the occasional pep talk. you can do it, little battery! think FULL!
2. i swear the American Airlines seats are way smaller than the United seats, and i swear that if my laptop were any closer to my face right now, it would be in my mouth.
3. the dude next to me can totally see everything i am doing. hello mr. 22B! how's the window seat treating you?
4. that important work email that just came through? i totally have to answer it.
ok so i'm off. there is PowerPointing to be done and tables to pivot.