yay for me

I’ve been at what feels like a stand still for about a year now – recovering, maintaining, and locating something that resembles balance in my life. It seems like it’s taken forever, but ladies and gentlemen I do believe I’m getting my shit together.

Thanks to a little blue and orange pill I feel sane. Gone are the days when food ruled every second of every minute of every day of my life. For those of you who have never had an eating disorder, you will never be able to completely comprehend what a relief that is. I don’t mean to say you’re incapable of empathizing with crazies like myself, but I just know in my heart of hearts that if you’ve never battled similar demons, you’ll never understand how empowering it is to overcome such an all-consuming, life-ruining disease. I feel normal. And that’s huge.

Kicking this eating disorder thing has been a real process. And it’s not over yet…I’m probably going to have to work through this crap for the rest of my life. But at least you guys know that when I go to that bathroom I really do have to pee and I really don’t want to barf up my vegan cookies. Anyways, process. It’s a process.

But like…aren’t you so glad I’m really healthy and intimidatingly gorgeous these days?

No comments: