wicked pissa peanut butter lurve

Monday, April 2, 2007

Anyone who knows me at all knows of my affinity for all things Jif. My love affair with creamy pb started when I was just a wee thing in elementary school. Hot lunches were pukey so I brought a peanut butter sandwich (no jelly) to school every single day.

In college, I mixed spoonfuls of the stuff with chocolate pudding which raised quite a ruckus with my sorority sisters because…gasp…I had packed on some extra weight (dude, more of me to love). And now, as a young, working woman in the big city, I still top waffles and toast and pretzels and anything carby with a heaping tablespoons of pb goodness. Soooo when it came time to make my very first vegan cupcake, I just had to go for the peanut butter variety. I mean, duh.

My first attempt at baking was a huge success. After going out and buying all the necessary crapola (flour, sugar, flax seeds, baking powder, baking soda, molasses, vinegar, vanilla, soy milk, carob chips, a muffin pan, cupcake liners) I was good to go. Seriously…I had to buy alllll that stuff. And the recipe only called for like half a teaspoon of some of those things which makes it seem, in my professional opinion, less than essential. But whateva. In the end, it was totally worth it.

My cupcakes were delicious. But you're going to have to take my word for it. Jillian and my boyfriend managed to snag one cupcake each. I ate the rest. You gotta be fast, people.

No comments: